We are bombarded by information from our environment on a daily basis. The human brain reacts to this information in a particular way and on certain levels, depending on:
* in-born neurological threshold
* general health and wellness
* type and intensity of the information
Levels of reaction to the environment:
1. I’m Ok
A level of comfort enabling a person to cope with all information from the environment in a productive and optimal manner.
The next level where drive and output get accelerated by work load, intensity and expectation, the so called “good stress”.
This is a level where work load; intensity and expectation start to reach a stage beyond the physical capacity of an individual resulting in stress, uncertainty and regression of performance. A warning sign to reduce expectation and input/output.
4. Out of control
The individual experience significant break-down of function which could result in fear, aggression and/or other negative emotional output. At this level conflict often occurs in a work environment. This is an extremely negative phase for everyone involved as it breaks down teamwork, personal effectiveness and cohesion.
Break down of individual abilities. At this level physical removal from the environment is necessary. People often get sick at this stage. It is a classic sign of burn-out.
Where are you functioning?
Sensory Intelligence consulting:
* Perform on-line sensory profiling
* Determine thresholds and environmental stressors specifically for your profile type
* Coaching with emphasis of understanding, insight and removal and/or changing of stressors
* Outcomes – higher productivity rates in an optimal environment