Teachers, classroom facilitators, school-based therapists, education support staff.
- Unpack the increase of stress within modern day classrooms
- Understand the two key areas of stress in the classroom: sensory overload in the classroom and stress symptoms in learners
- Practical tips and tools on how to make classrooms more sensory friendly and alleviate distractions
- Sensory strategies to help children be more focused and increase the rate and ease of learning
- Stress levels within the modern-day classroom – what is happening?
- The senses, the brain and stress
- Sensory overload and stress and how stress hijacks the learningbrain
- The stress robot – how we go from green to red and what to do
- Identify fight/fright/flight responses in children, even if they are hidden
- What is the difference between a tantrum and meltdown and how to deal with each
- How to alert and calm the brain – which senses to use
- Quiet spaces for the classroom – how and why they are important
- A sensory audit for the classroom – a checklist to determine the level of overload
- Seating for success – how to seat children for best learning
- Classroom strategies in more detail
- How we help children to self-regulate
- How we adapt the classroom to reduce distractions and enhance learning
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to book an internal workshop for your school only.
Date(s) - Saturday, June 2, 2018
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Ref: Surname / event date
*Cancellation policy applies - Sensory Intelligence® Consulting reserves the right to cancel a workshop should there not be enough applicants with a full refund to participants.