Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to register via Quicket!
Before you can make payment,
Please ensure your banking details are 3D secured.
Please contact your bank for more information on how to become 3D secured.
What is 3D secured? A new method of security mandated by the Card Associations to enhance the security of online transactions.
Teachers, classroom facilitators, school-based therapists, education support staff.
- Understand all aspects of concentration and why it is so important in today’s classrooms.
- Learn how to apply the sense to influence focus, attention, and concentration.
- Teach and implement the brain-alert concepts for teachers to empower children to self-regulate and organise themselves.
- Identify the fundamental role that movement plays in facilitating the learning process and attention.
- Move – focus – learn; how to make sure that learning in the classroom is optimal and consistent.
- Practical ways to incorporate movement into the daily classroom routine.
- Put it into practice: The sensory secrets to a cam and contained classroom.
- Concentration terminology (arousal levels, alert/engine levels, attention, focus, concentration) explained.
- Optimum arousal levels – optimum concentration – how does this work?
- How and why children regulate and concentrate differently.
- “How fast is your engine running?” – a simple analogy to use to make children aware of their level of arousal.
- Self-regulation – how to get to the “just right”/optimum arousal level in the brain through sensory stimuli?
- Bottom-up versus top-down regulation – why and how children respond better to a bottom-up approach.
- The top 5 sensory regulators that are effective and easy to implement.
- Approches to use with children who have more serious problems.
About Sensory Intelligence®
Sensory Intelligence® Consulting was founded by Dr Annemarie Lombard in 2002 and is backed by her 26 years’ local and international experience as an Occupational Therapist and workshop facilitator. She holds a PhD in Occupational Therapy and practiced with children with learning difficulties for 15 years. She works with a group of esteemed Occupational Therapists and facilitators to deliver Sensory Intelligence® as a training and development tool in South Africa and abroad. Their primary objective is to empower and equip teachers and parents so that children can learn and develop optimally. With loads of energy, passion and commitment they share their knowledge in a practical, easy to understand and no-nonsense way. They want happy kids, happy families and schools that really nurture learning, to ultimately Rethink the way we learn!
Sensory Intelligence® Consulting is a Corporate Member of the Independent Schools Association of South Africa.
Online bookings close on 11 September 2017.
Please contact email@example.com should you wish to book for the workshop after this date,
or if you do not want to book online.
Please note that there is an admin fee of R50 for all bookings done after the cut-off date or via e-mail.
Online bookings are not available for this event.
Date(s) - Wednesday, September 13, 2017
2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Ref: Surname / event date
*Cancellation policy applies - Sensory Intelligence® Consulting reserves the right to cancel a workshop should there not be enough applicants with a full refund to participants.